Getting your home ready for sale doesn’t have to be expensive. Here are five inexpensive fixes that will add value to your home.
Buying a Bucks County area home? Perform a full home search Selling your Bucks County home? Get a free Home Price Evaluation
It’s hard to believe, but we’re already approaching mid-August. The Bucks County market is still quite active. We’re continuing to get complaints from buyers that there aren’t enough homes on the market. If you’ve been considering selling your home, now is a great time to accomplish that. It’s also a great time to invest a bit of money into your home in order to reap the benefits when you sell. Here are five ways you can increase your home’s value for under $100:
1. Add a light fixture. If you have a room in your house that’s dark, brighten it up with one of these. It will make the home more attractive to buyers.
2. Add a new bookcase/cabinet. For a relatively low price, you can use a new bookcase or cabinet to assist you with decluttering and adding to the room at the same time.
3. Paint kitchen cabinets. It’s sometimes hard to justify investing in a major update or remodel. However, if your cabinetry looks bare, a coat of paint could make a huge difference.
4. Reupholster your old furniture. Doing this is an inexpensive alternative to replacing your old furniture outright.
5. Consider a general paint touch-up in your home. I work with a company who is really good at touching up spots that need it. I’d be happy to pass their information along to you.
Each of these home improvements is inexpensive, but they each add more value to your home when it comes time to sell. If you have any questions for me or you’re thinking about selling your home, give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.