In order to sell your home for top dollar in this market, it needs to be in tip-top shape. Today I’ll share six tips for making sure your home is market-ready and sells at the best price.
Buying a Bucks County area home? Perform a full home search Selling your Bucks County home? Get a free Home Price Evaluation
Staging your home properly is a must in order to sell successfully in this market. Homebuyers want homes in tip-top shape if they’re going to pay top dollar, and I have six staging tips that will ensure your home attracts a great price.
1. You only get one chance to make a first impression. Make sure the first impression the buyers have is warm and welcoming. The entry should be bright and the exterior should be clean.
2. Be show ready. You never know when a buyer will want to schedule an appointment, so you need to be ready at all times.
3. Kitchens and bathrooms help sell houses. Small repairs, a little bit of paint, and changing hardware can really help spruce up those popular spaces. Updates to kitchens and bathrooms will add value to your home without a significant cost to you.
- Take the “home” out of the house. As much as we love our family photos and mementos, having those things around won’t help the buyer see themselves living in the house. Clear out your closets as well so buyers can see what sort of storage the house offers.
5. Remove any traces of animals from the house. I’m a dog person, and I know how much we all love our pets. However, most buyers don’t want to see pet accessories when they walk through the house, so try to get those stored away before showings.
6. Hire a good agent—like me! Doing so will ensure your home gets priced right and you have a quick, lucrative sale.
If you have any questions or if you’d like a copy of my booklet which contains 450 ideas to help sell your home quickly, give me a call or send me an email. I’m always happy to help!